The Daycare Centre was inaugurated in 1972.
Those receiving services: 127 children – 10 of them are welfare cases
The Multipurpose Daycare Centre is open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. caters to the needs of at-risk children who suffer from social and cultural deprivation, neglect and abuse as a result of dysfunctional family relationships and situations of deep poverty.
The main objective is to create a high quality, comprehensive support system model, one that integrates social services with day care and focuses on the interaction of children and parents. Care-givers and allied professionals help the parents develop skills for taking care of their children at home thus preventing the disintegration of the family unit. The Ministry of welfare, Local government authorities all work in close cooperation with the WIZO staff at the Multipurpose DCC.
Special projects and initiatives:
- Guided Play groups for parents & children
- After care for at-risk children who attend a municipal kindergarten in the morning
- Emotional therapy for parents & children
- Story hour
- Child Development workshops for the babies’ group
- Early Age Gymnastics enrichment for toddlers and kindergarten group
- Project to increase parent involvement at DCC in conjunction with Welfare Services
- Computer project for children in the aftercare program
- Professional Training workshops for the staff
- Activities and workshops for parents & children centered around the Jewish festivals
- Theatre performances for parents & children
- A Student of Social Work provides one on one therapy to parents & children
- The aftercare program is staffed by volunteers