This centre was built thanks to the generosity of Rae and Tom Mandel from Melbourne, Victoria. Modi’in has a thriving young community and the centre provides activities and services for the women of the city.
- Women receive free legal advice from volunteer lawyers twice weekly.
- Social workers and family counselors provide counseling and family mediation.
- 20 women attend a Board of Director’s course in collaboration with Bar – Ilan University.
- Bridge activities are held each Wednesday.
- Women’s pilates classes, instructed by WIZO volunteers, are held every Friday.
- A bazaar is held once a month for the sale of clothing and household items.
- The senior citizen group at the centre organizes regular activities such as trips, performances, workshops, etc. for retired community members.
- The facility rents out space for family events, lectures and workshops.
Activities for 2012:
- In cooperation with the Social Welfare Department, young mothers attend workshops on re-entering the job market after maternity leave.
- Workshops for women going through the transition to midlife.
- Weekly bible lessons held for senior citizens.