WIZO Kids was initiated in 2014 by Co-Presidents Roslyn Gunn and Danielle Hikri who saw the need to educate Melbourne’s Jewish children about the importance of supporting Israel’s underprivileged children.
WIZO Kids holds functions for children in which they can help their local community and raise money for children in Israel at the same time.
Since its inception, WIZO Kids has helped raised much needed funds to support children less fortunate, both in Melbourne and in Israel.
• Gives children the opportunity to learn about issues facing underprivileged children in Israel in a fun, educational and relaxed environment
• Brings Melbourne Jewish children together from different social circles and schools to expand their network
• Gives children access to meaningful activities at a discount
• Gives children the opportunity to learn and enhance the mitzvah of giving to others: helping our families, our Jewish community and also the broader communities
WIZO Kids 2017 Functions included;
– A Sport function held to help the Raegan Milstein Foundation
– Children made care packages for the Melbourne Jewish Charity Fund.
– A function where children brought musical instruments and a costume to help Giant Steps set up an Art Department. Giant Steps is a school for children with Autism.
For only $15 a year, your child can support the vital work of WIZO. WIZO’s ongoing work makes the world a better place for many children and their families.
Please contact the WIZO Office on 9272 5588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about your child becoming a WIZO Kids member.